- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Creole Recipe
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Green peppers||2 , seeded, chopped|
|Onions||2 Small, peeled, chopped|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce, drained, chopped (1 No.2 Can)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), shelled, deveined|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 939.2 mg39.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 43.2% Vitamin C 151.9%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the garlic, green peppers and onions in the heated oil until brown.
2) In a slow cooker, place the sauteed mixture.
3) In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce with the paprika, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, bay leaf and parsley.
4) Pour over the sauteed mixture, then place the chopped tomatoes.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
6) 1 hour before the end of cooking time, add the shrimp into the cooker and cook further.
7) Spoon over a bed of cooked rice on individual serving plates, sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve immediately.