- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Shrimp Creole Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.5 mg
Sodium 387.5 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 65.6%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable casserole combine onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and butter.
2. Microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
3. Stir in cornstarch, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and red pepper sauce to make a sauce.
4. Cover dish with lid or cling film.
5. Microwave at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes until the sauce is thick.
6. Add shrimp to the sauce and stir well.
7. Cover the dish again and microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes.
8. Serve shrimps and sauce over rice.