- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Coconut Curry Recipe
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), deveined, cooked|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.6 mg
Sodium 481.3 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine milk and coconut; simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes until the mixture foams; stir occasionally.
2. Cool the mixture slightly and then strain; pressing out as much of the creamy coconut pulp as possible and reserve the pulp.
3. In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter and sautÃ© pineapple chunks and shrimp in just few minutes; do not overcook.
4. Remove the pineapple and shrimp from the skillet and keep aside.
5. In the same skillet, add remaining butter.
6. Stir in curry powder and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in onion and celery; cook until soft but do not browned.
8. Stir in flour and garlic salt.
9. Gradually add and stir the broth and strained coconut milk; cook with constant stirring until the liquid thickens.
10. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Stir in pineapple, shrimp, and half of the reserved coconut pulp; simmer for few more minutes.
12. Serve over a bed of hot rice.
13. Garnish with remaining coconut.