- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Ceviche With Corn And Spinach Recipe Video
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|For the marinade|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Lime juice||1 Small|
|Mojo sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), rinsed|
|Celery ribs||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ears of corn||1 Large, roasted|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg
Sodium 726.5 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 53 g105.6%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 167.2%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the marinade: In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil, add garlic and saute it for a few seconds until light brown.
2. Pour in the orange juice, jalapeno, lemon juice, lime juice and mojo sauce. Mix well and bring it to a light boil.
3. In a bowl, add the shrimp, onion, red pepper, marinade and toss well. Set it aside to slow cook for 3 hours.
4. On a chopping board, place the roasted ears of corn and slice of the corn kernels. Transfer the kernels in a bowl and set it aside.
5. After 3 hours of slow cooking the shrimp, take a serving plate, arrange the tortillas and spinach leaves on either ends of the plate. Spoon about 3 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture onto the spinach leaves. Top the shrimp with celery and roasted corn kernels.
6. Serve this shrimp ceviche garnished with green onions.