- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Episode # 50 - Shrimp and Zucchini Risotto Recipe Video
|Acquerello rice||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh shrimp||3⁄4 Pound, devein|
|Zucchini||5 Medium, cubed|
|Shallots||3 Small, finely chopped|
|Fresh parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vegetable broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Parmigiano cheese||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Olive oil||7 Tablespoon, divided|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the shrimps|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the rice|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1422 Calories from Fat 631
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g110%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 297.4 mg99.1%
Sodium 2432.8 mg101.4%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 52 g104.1%
Vitamin A 79% Vitamin C 184.5%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need2 small skillet
1 large skillet
1 small pot
1. Wash and slice the zucchini, slice them lengthwise in six parts and the again cut them into small cubes, set aside.
2. Peel, devein and clean the shrimps. Set aside.
3. Finely chop the shallots and parsley, keep it aside
4. In a pot heat up the vegetable broth, bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and let it simmer.
5. In a large nonstick pan over medium high flame sauté the zucchini in 2 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper, sauté for 15 minutes. Once done remove from heat and set it aside.
6. In small skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 2 tablespoon of olive oil, add the shrimps, salt and pepper to taste, parsley and white wine.
7. Cook the shrimps for 5 minutes on medium flame, once the shrimps turn pink remove from heat and set it aside, do not throw away the juice.
8. In a large skillet sauté the shallots in 3 tablespoon of olive oil 1 tablespoon of butter, sauté for 3 minutes and then add the rice, stir well.
9. Add the white wine and mix everything well reduce the flame to medium low let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the wine evaporates.
10. Once the rice becomes soft and fluffy add little broth and season with salt and pepper, stir and keep adding the both whenever the rice begins to dry up.
11. Cook the rice for 20-25 minute and taste your rice for seasoning and consistency, during the final 5 minutes add the shrimps and zucchini and mix everything well.
12. Once done remove from heat, sprinkle some parsley and drizzle olive oil.
13. Serve the shrimp risotto with a glass of white wine.