- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits Recipe Video
|Celery stalk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Red And Green)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Stone ground grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creole seasoning||4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Shrimp stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Stone Ground Grits)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 1589 Calories from Fat 615
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 38.3 g191.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 868.8 mg
Sodium 1314.9 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g51%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 118 g235.7%
Vitamin A 163.1% Vitamin C 234.6%
Calcium 59.7% Iron 127.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To cook the shrimp:
1. Sauté flour and butter together to form a brown roux.
2. Add celery, onion, bell pepper and garlic, sauté until the onions are clear.
3. Add shrimp stock, basil, thyme and some pepper and simmer 20 minutes minimum.
4. Ten minutes before serving, add shrimp and bring back to a light simmer.
5. Adjust salt and peppers to taste.
6. Immediately before serving, stir in onion tops and parsley.
To make Stone Ground Grits with Parmesan:
7. Bring the chicken stock to a boil and stir in the grits.
8. Return to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
9. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
10. Add additional stock if needed.
11. When the grits are tender add the cream, cheese and butter, stir well and simmer another 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.