- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp And Scallion Pancakes With Chinese Black Bean Sauce Recipe
|Shredded ginger||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shelled and deveined shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese black bean sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef stock/Canned broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar/1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese salted black beans||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1080 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1003 mg
Sodium 9437.6 mg393.2%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 40.8 g
Protein 86 g172.3%
Vitamin A 36.7% Vitamin C 65.2%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a large bowl whisk together the whole eggs, egg white, sesame oil, garlic, salt, pepper and ginger juice. Stir in the shrimp, scallions, bean sprouts, celery and mushrooms.
3. Place a large heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. Brush with 1/2 teaspoon of the vegetable oil. Using a 1/4 cup measure, (stir each time to combine the ingredients) ladle in 4 pancakes and spread out the vegetables to distribute evenly. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook until lightly browned on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the other side, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a warm platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and repeat twice, using 1/2 teaspoon oil for each batch.
4. In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the cornstarch and broth; stir until smooth. Stir in the sherry, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Bring just to a boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the black beans and sesame oil, pressing against the beans with a fork to mash them slightly.
6. Pour the warm sauce over the pancakes and serve hot.