- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp and Grits Italian Style Recipe Video
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for grits and 1/2 tablespoon for garnish)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pancetta||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cubed|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped|
|Red chilli flakes||To Taste|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.4 mg
Sodium 890.6 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 37 g74.1%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, heat stock and bring to boil.
2. Add in grits, stir and allow to cook until all the liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
3. Add in butter and parmesan cheese and stir well, remove and keep warm.
4. Using a sharp knife cut the pancetta in cubes.
5. In non-stick pan heat oil, add in pancetta, garlic and pepper flakes, cook until the meat is brown, for about 3 minutes.
6. Add in the diced tomatoes, stir and allow to cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Add in the shrimps, salt and pepper, stir and cook for about 2 minutes until shrimps are cooked.
8. In a serving plate, make a bed of grits and top it with shrimps.
9. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley and serve hot.