- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp and Crock Pot Grits Recipe Video
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Rising cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Old bay||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon, crush|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, devein|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion stalks||2 , chopped (white and green part seperated)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 , chopped finely|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (2 tbsp. for the milk mixture and rest for the glazing)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 889 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427.9 mg
Sodium 2944.4 mg122.7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.2%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 50.2% Vitamin C 133.6%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 63.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a crockpot pour in water, stir in cornmeal and sea salt. Cook for 6 hours.
2. In a bowl take Cajun seasoning, old bay, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle the mixture over shrimp and rub with your hands.
4. For Glazing Mixture – In a jar take chicken broth; pour in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Whisk well.
5. Heat a sauce pan, pour in milk and add butter and cheddar cheese.
6. Add in grit in the milk mixture and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7. In a skillet pour in oil and place shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes flipping in between. Take out the shrimp from the skillet.
8. In same skillet add in glazing mixture.
9. Add in green onions and red bell pepper, add in butter and mix well.
10. Place the shrimp again in the skillet. Coat with glazing mixture.
11. In a serving plate ladle some grit, top it with shrimp and serve.