- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shredded Wheat Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 (well beaten)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded wheat biscuits||12 (finely rolled)|
|Walnuts/Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (chopped)|
Calories 2405 Calories from Fat 1061
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185.1%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.3%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1729.7 mg72.1%
Total Carbohydrates 313 g104.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 211.8 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, cream together, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar then add egg, vanilla and cream them further till light and fluffy.
2. Add sifted together, flour, salt, baking soda, and add shredded wheat crumb and nuts to the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Drop by level tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
4. In a preheated oven, bake at 225 degrees centigrade for about 9 to 12 minutes.
5. Allow to cool on wire rack.
6. Serve at room temperature.