- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shredded Turkey With Mixed Vegetables Recipe
|Flaked almonds||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Turkey breast fillet||1 Pound, cut into thin strips (500 Gram)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, diagonally sliced|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, drained and chopped (5 - 15 Gram)|
|Broccoli florets||12 Ounce, trimmed and divided into small sprigs (375 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), diagonally sliced|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 608.3 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 137.6% Vitamin C 93.9%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, prepare a thin paste of corn flour and water, to prepare the sauce. Pour in soy sauce and rice wine or sherry. Stir well. Place aside.
2) Use a wok, to heat up.
3) Dry-fry almonds over moderate heat until golden brown.
4) Transfer the almonds from wok into a plate and place aside.
5) Pour in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the wok. Place the heat at medium and heat the oil to hot.
6) Place in turkey strips to stir-fry by increasing the heat to high for 3-4 minutes or until the meat turns light in color in all sides.
7) Transfer the turkey and its juices into a separate bowl. Place it aside.
8) Place the wok back on medium heat.
9) Pour in remaining oil to heat up.
10) Add carrots, dried mushrooms and broccoli stalks to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
11) Fold in broccoli florets and spring onions. Continue stir-frying for another 30 seconds.
12) Stir in the sauce mixture into the wok.
13) Bring it to a boil by increasing heat and wait until the sauce thickens by constant stirring. Place the turkey and its juices back into the wok.
14) Toss the ingredients for couple of minutes or until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
15) Season the preparation with black pepper according to taste.
16) Serve warm by sprinkling sesame oil and almonds.