- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shredded Raw Beet and Celery Salad Recipe
|Beets||4 Medium, peeled and shredded|
|Celery ribs||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|White wine vinaigrette||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.54 g0.83%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 271.1 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium bowl, add the shredded beets and celery to combine.
2) Pour in the White Wine Vinaigrette over the vegetables and thoroughly toss to coat all the vegetable pieces.
3) Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Place the bowl inside refrigerator by tightly covering, for a minimum of 6 hours to blend the texture and flavors.
5) Serve the salad on chilled plates, by garnishing with lemon slices, if desired.
You may also refrigerate this salad up to two or three days before serving.