- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Showtime Cups Recipe
|Cranberry/Two 14 ounce each cranberry sauce cans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin||6 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.5 mg
Sodium 198.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 95.1 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 78.3%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and mix together cranberries, sugar and water in it.
2) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes after reducing heat, until cranberries are just soft.
3) Drain cranberries, saving juice.
4) Heat 1 1/2 cups of juice again to boiling point and stir in gelatine until dissolved.
5) Pour in lemon and orange juices and let the mixture chill until it is slightly thickened.
6) Take 6 ramequin dishes or custard cups; prepare foil collars for them and then strip the collar to the outside of dish so that it is pulled out 2" above rim.
7) Beat cream until it reaches a stiff stage and save 1/2 cup of this for topping the desserts.
8) Into the slightly thickened gelatine mixture, mix cream and half of the cooled cranberries.
9) Spoon the dessert into ramequin dishes and allow chilling until firm.
10) Peel off the foil collar and top with remaining cranberries.
11) Pour over jelly.
12) Serve the dessert at once after garnishing with whipped cream.
If cranberry sauce is used instead of fresh cranberries, heat it and then drain off juice, saving 1 1/2 cups.
Sugar and water can be omitted when used like this.