- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shortcut Pastry Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||200 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1563 Calories from Fat 821
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.7%
Saturated Fat 50.2 g250.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.5 mg
Sodium 338.1 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.5% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sieve the flour and salt into a clean bowl.
2. Cut the butter and lard into small pieces and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingers, rub the fats into the flour until it forms the texture of breadcrumbs.
4. Break the egg into a small jug and beat lightly.
5. Make a well in the centre of the bowl, add the egg into the well and gently mix the flour into the egg to form a soft ball of pastry kneading gently until smooth.
6. Remove from the bowl, wrap the shortcrust pastry in cling film and allow to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before using.
7. Put all the ingredients, less the beaten egg, into the processor.
8. Mix for a few moments until the mixture is like breadcrumbs.
9. Add the beaten egg and mix again for a few moments, until you have a small ball of pastry.
10. Remove from the processor and wrap the shortcrust pastry in cling film and pop into the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes before using.
11. Use to make pastries with strawberry or butterscotch fillings or as desired.