- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shortcake Pastry Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3402 Calories from Fat 1992
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 226 g347%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g151.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg
Sodium 3905.9 mg162.7%
Total Carbohydrates 304 g101.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 41 g81.1%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.3% Iron 97%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat oven by setting it at 350°F .
2) Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together with milk and oil forming a ball.
3) Place it over a floured surface and roll out into 1/8 inch thick strip.
4) Take a biscuit cutter of 21/2 inch ad cut out rounds from it.
5) Take a baking sheet and grease it lightly.
6) Place each round o it with the aid of a metal spatula.
7) Bake in a pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes or until light brown in color.
8) Cool the fragile pastries on a wire rack.
9) Store in freezer or air tight containers until required for serving.