- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shortcake Biscuits Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce, sifted (85 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||15 Milliliter|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg
Sodium 3.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 0.9 g1.8%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.72%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F /190°C/Gas 5.
2. Grease 2 baking trays with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar.
4. Cream the mixture using an electric beater or a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the vanilla.
6. Combine the flour and cornflour and add to the creamed mixture.
7. Blend well to get a stiff paste.
8. Spoon the paste into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
9. Pipe 8 circles on to the greased trays, starting from the middle and piping in a spiral.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned.
11. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Slide onto a wire rack to cool completely
13. Arrange the biscuits on a serving plate.
14. Dust generously with icing sugar using a tea strainer or shaker or sandwich with jam and enjoy as a snack
15. Serve with tea or coffee.