- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shortbread Traditional Scottish Style Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound, at room temperature|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Rice flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3375 Calories from Fat 1653
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g289.7%
Saturated Fat 117.4 g586.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 487.7 mg
Sodium 30.6 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 80 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 113.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.8% Iron 75%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
2. Using a food processor mixer, cream the butter and sugar well. Add the flour and process until a dough forms.
3. Knead by hand to form a ball. Divide in thirds and pat into three 7 inch tart pans.
4. Crimp the edges and prick with a fork. Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
5. Remove from oven, sprinkle lightly with sugar and cut into wedges.
6. Serve Shortbread with whipped cream and fresh fruits.