- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Shortbread Cookies - Pecan Shortbread Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||200 Gram, room temperature|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|White flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (Demerara or Turbinado sugar)|
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.8 mg
Sodium 3.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lay out the pecans or walnuts on a sheet tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Beat the butter in a mixer until pale and fluffy. Then, add the granulated sugar.
4. Add the orange zest into the mix and beat. Slowly incorporate the white flour into the mix while beating.
5. Chop the toasted pecans or walnuts into medium pieces. Add the nuts into the dough and mix with a spoon.
6. Spread the dough into a 13x9 inch baking pan and press down the crumbly mix with your hands.
7. Refrigerate the baking pan for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the refrigerator, pop the mix in several places with a fork and pop into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Demerara sugar over the shortbread mix. Then, pop back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes for the sugar to set.
10. Remove from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes and then slice into squares.
11. Plate and serve with a glass of milk.