- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shortbread Recipe Video
|Plain flour||250 Gram, sifted|
|Caster sugar||125 Gram|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g107.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree F (gas mark 2).
2. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add corn flour, and plain flour. Mix to combine.
5. On floured surface, roll out the dough into 1-inch thick square sheet and transfer it to the greased tray.
6. Pierce with fork and pop in oven. Bake for 50 minutes or until nice and golden.
7. Remove from oven, place on a chopping board, dust with sugar and cut shortbread into slices.
8. Serve and enjoy!