- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Short Ribs with Chili Recipe
|Short ribs||3 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and chopped|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, cut into squares|
|Kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 1302 Calories from Fat 758
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.4%
Saturated Fat 36 g180.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.3 mg
Sodium 834.8 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.7 g82.7%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 58 g115.5%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 91%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 61.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heated skillet, rub a fatty short rib then sear the ribs on all sides until browned.
2) In a slow cooker place the browned short ribs.
3) In the skillet, brown the garlic lightly, then stir in the chili powder and canned tomatoes.
4) In the slow cooker, season the ribs with the salt and pepper, then add green pepper and onions.
5) Pour over the tomato mixture, stir well to mix.
6) Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
7) Just 2 hours before cooking on low or 1 hour on high, add the drained kidney beans, then cook further until done.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.