- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Short Crust Pastry With Butter Recipe
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (cold and solid)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1233 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 265.8 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 64.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut butter or margarine with a knife.
3. Rub into flour with fingertips.
4. Gradually add enough ice-cold water to make a dough of a rolling consistency.
5. Lightly flour the pastry board and rolling pin. Roll the pastry to require thickness.
6. Cut into required shapes.
7. Bake in small pastry tins in a hot oven. Before baking prick with fork.
8. When cool, remove from tin, fill with lemon curd, decorate with a dash of thick cream and a strawberry and serve.