- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shorshebata Jholer Machh Bengali Recipe
|Hilsa||1 Kilogram (Pala Fish)|
|Green chilies||20 Gram|
|Mustard oil||50 Milliliter|
|Whole green chilies||10 Gram|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 90.4 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Apply turmeric and salt. Fry lightly (shallow fry).
3. Clean and soak mustard. Grind to a fine paste.
4. Grind green chillies and turmeric. Mix with mustard paste.
5. Heat oil till the smoke comes up.
6. Add a little water to the mustard paste. Add to the hot oil. Fry over a slow fire, adding a little water every now and then to allow the paste to cook well.
7. Add the whole green chillies and salt.
8. Add 3-4 cups of water. Allow it to come to a boil twice.
9. Add tish and simmer. Taste and remove.