- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shish Kebab Recipe
|Cubed beef||1 1⁄2 Pound (From Sirloin Tips / London Broil / Sirloin End Steaks)|
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), chopped / pressed|
|Red onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Button mushrooms||16 , wiped clean|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cubed into 16 pieces|
|Zucchini||1 , cubed into 16 pieces|
|Pearl onions||16 , blanched and peeled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2203 Calories from Fat 757
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.3%
Saturated Fat 32 g160.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 421.9 mg
Sodium 679.3 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.3%
Sugars 52.9 g
Protein 167 g334.6%
Vitamin A 133.1% Vitamin C 472.4%
Calcium 54.1% Iron 121.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the broiler. Set aside 12 skewers.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade and discard marinade.
4. Cooking time of meat and vegetables will vary, so it's best not to combine them on the same skewer. Fill some skewers with meat pieces and fill other skewers with individual vegetables.
5. Place skewers under a broiler and cook for about 5 minutes; turn them over about halfway through.
6. When finished cooking, remove vegetables and meat from skewers and place in a serving bowl. Serve with a dipping sauce.
other choices: Substitute lamb, chicken, or pork for the beef. Substitute 3 small red onions, quartered, for the pearl onions.