- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shish Kabob Recipe
|Enough to make 4 cups total:|
|Eggplant||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Zucchini/Summer squash||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||To Taste|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.7 mg
Sodium 25.3 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to broil temperature or use a toaster oven and set it on broil. (Or best of all, prepare the shish kabob over a grill for that delicious charcoal flavor.)
2) Cut the vegetables into big pieces.
3) Pierce the cut vegetables to the regular shish kabob skewers or hot dog grilling forks and place them on the aluminium-foil covered broiler or on the grill.
4) In the preheated oven, cook it at broiling temperature approximately for 8-10 minutes per side and baste it with the melted butter in continuity.
5) When the vegetables are done, toy them with soy sauce.
6) Serve it over a bed of rice or stuffed inside of pita pockets. You may enjoy it with the barbeque sauce or one of the tasty brown sauces. You can even dip the veggie chunks in the variety of sauces.