- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shicken Tagine Recipe Video
|Chicken thighs||2 Pound (boneless)|
|Spice mix||2 Tablespoon (Ras el hanout)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cured black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Preserved lemon||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well|
|Garbanzo bean||15 1⁄2 Ounce (Chick peas)|
|For the couscous|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1083 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 188.3 mg62.8%
Sodium 674.2 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.9%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 72 g144.4%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 55.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTagine
1. Marinate the chicken in the spice mix for 3 hours.
2. Place a flat cast iron pan on the stove and place the tagine base on top. This is to avoid direct heat to the tagine pot.
3. Pour some olive oil and place the chicken pieces in it, let it cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Flip the chicken over and let it cook for further 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime thinly slice the preserved lemons and soak the apricots in water in a bowl.
6. Add the preserved lemons in the tagine along with soaked apricots, black olives and garbanzo chick peas.
7. Place the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. In the meantime make the couscous. In a pot pour water and bring it to a boil and then add the couscous, olive oil and salt.
9. Let it swell and become light and fluffy, once done turn off the heat and let it rest.
10. Serve the chicken tagine hot over a bed of couscous or with pita bread.