- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sev Recipe Video
|Besan||1 Cup (16 tbs) (chickpea flour)|
|Rice flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more as required)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 283.9 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, turmeric powder, salt and baking soda. Mix them well to combine.
2. Pour water slowly and knead into a soft dough.
3. Wrap it in a cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. In a deep frying pan, heat oil on high till very hot.
5. Prepare a chakli mold with small holed base.
6. Place a portion of the dough in it and directly press over the hot oil. The dough will fall as thin noodles.
7. Fry in the oil over medium heat till they are golden in color. Once one side is done, flip it and fry the other side as well.
8. Transfer on paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
9. In a serving plate, serve it as a snack with tea or as garnish on chaat.
This can also be stored in air tight containers.