- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sherry Thins Recipe
|Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated almonds/Tiny candies||1 Tablespoon (As Desired)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3671 Calories from Fat 1311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1892.5 mg78.9%
Total Carbohydrates 511 g170.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.7%
Sugars 211.8 g
Protein 49 g97.6%
Vitamin A 121.3% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 84.1% Iron 110.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) To this, beat in egg.
4) Add the sifted dry ingredients along with the sherry, beating until smooth.
5) Wrap the dough in a foil and chill for several hours, or overnight.
6) Roll the dough out thin on a floured board or pastry cloth.
7) With small cookie cutters, cut out shapes.
8) Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with almonds or candies.
9) Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Serve as required.