- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sherry Cheese Sauce Recipe
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1429 Calories from Fat 949
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g165.8%
Saturated Fat 67.7 g338.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 326.8 mg108.9%
Sodium 2660.3 mg110.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 69 g137.1%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 196.7% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, melt butter on a low flame
2. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute until crumbly.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
4. Cook sauce on low heat, stirring all the time, until it is thick and bubbly, about 5-8 minutes.
5. Add Worcestershire sauce and cheese and blend well until cheese melts.
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in the sherry.
7. This sauce can be served over baked or poached fish such as sole.