- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sherry Almond Ice Cream Recipe
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||6 , beaten|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Egg yolks||6 , beaten|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.2 mg
Sodium 196.3 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.1% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the gelatin in cold water until it has softened.
2. Add the hot water and sugar and stir until the gelatin and sugar dissolve completely. Set aside to cool the liquid.
3. When the gelatin liquid thickens, whip the mixture with an electric beater or wire whisk.
4. Fold in the egg whites, sherry and almond extract.
5. In a ring jelly mold, make alternate layers of the whipped jelly mixture and chopped almonds.
6. Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
7. In the mean while, prepare the sauce for the dessert by making a custard of egg yolks, milk and sugar over a double boiler.
8. Keep stirring until the custard is thick and coats the back of the spoon.
9. Take pan off the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla and sherry. Leave aside to cool
10. Just before serving, blend in whipped cream.
11. Unmould the ice-cream on a serving plate.
12. Fill the center of the ring with sauce.
13. Serve immediately.