- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sherried Crabmeat Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Clam juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.2 mg
Sodium 726.2 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 14 g29%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 30.8%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain crabmeat, and remove any cartilage.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan.
3. Remove from heat; stir in flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne until smooth. Gradually stir in clam juice and cream. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring; sauce will be thickened and smooth. Stir in sherry, egg, and crabmeat.
4. Heat rest of butter in small skillet; in it, sauté onion, mushrooms, parsley, and chives until mush- rooms are tender. This will take about 5 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs.
5. Fill 8 patty shells or toast cups with crabmeat mixture; top each with mushroom mixture.
6. Serve immediately