- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sherried Scallops Recipe
|Scallops||1 Pound (Small Or Medium Sized)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Spanish cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Steamed rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg
Sodium 429.9 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 22 g44.7%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the scallops in cold water.
2) Using paper towels, pat dry the scallops.
3) Spread scallops on dish.
4) Dredge flour over the scallops and roll in flour until all sides are coated.
5) Sprinkle salt, pepper, and nutmeg over the scallops.
6) In a non-stick pan, heat butter and sauté shallots and garlic 4 minutes until golden.
7) Stir the scallops in the garlic mixture and sauté for 3 minutes on each side.
8) Using a slotted spoon remove the scallops to the plate and set aside.
9) In the same pan, stream in cream sherry.
10) Cook the sherry mixture for 3 to 4 minutes over high heat, stirring and scrapings the bottom of the pan.
11) Reduce heat to low and stir in the scallops and cook for 2 minutes more.