- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sherried Lemon Chicken Recipe
|California dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (California Style)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
Calories 998 Calories from Fat 588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.7%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg
Sodium 931.7 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 66 g131.3%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cover and marinate chicken pieces with a mixture of Sherry, juice from 1/2 lemon, salt and oil for 2 hours.
2) Cut the other lemon half into thin slices.
3) Scrape off the marinade from chicken, saving it for later use.
4) In a paper bag, put chicken and shake it with seasoned flour.
5) Heat a little more oil and sauté chicken in it until browned on all sides.
6) Drain any excess oil.
7) Pour over saved marinade and lemon slices and then simmer, covered for 20 minutes until the pieces become soft.
8) Serve on a heated platter.