- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shepherd's Pie with Killian's Irish Red Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Rosemary||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pea||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1000 Calories from Fat 729
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.5%
Saturated Fat 41.9 g209.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.6 mg
Sodium 583.4 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 105.2% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. Place a stainless steel skillet over medium high heat for about 1 minute. Pour olive oil in it and swirl to spread.
3. Add onion, carrot, and ground beef to it. Stir and cook until they brown. Drain off excess fat.
4. Pour beef broth in skillet. Throw tomato paste, parsley, and rosemary. Mix and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
5. Add green peas, stir and bring it together. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Set it aside.
6. In a pot, boil potatoes, add a little salt, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender. Drain excess water.
7. Pour milk in pot, stir in butter and mash with a fork. Put the mixture on the beef layer in baking dish.
8. Pop the baking dish into oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
9. Serve shepherd’s pie hot with rosemary garnish and accompanied with a glass of Irish Red.