- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Buttery Shepard's Pie Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lamb/Beef||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and chopped into about 3/4-inch pieces|
|Chopped cooked lamb/Beef||2 Cup (32 tbs) (3/4 Inch Pieces)|
|Frozen carrots and peas||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen peas and carrots||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.4 mg
Sodium 530.6 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 38 g75.5%
Vitamin A 183.6% Vitamin C 97.8%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole dish, cook onion and butter on high power for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion turns translucent.
2) Add flour and parsley. Continue to add broth.
3) Microwave on high power for 6 to 7 minutes or until the gravy is thickened.
4) Mix lamb, peas and carrots.
5) Cook on high power for 9 to 10 minutes or until heated well, stirring once.
6) Spoon mashed potatoes on top of the casserole and sprinkle with paprika.
7) Cook again, if necessary, on high power for 2 to 3 minutes.
8) Serve hot with pan-roasted carrots or salads.