- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Shepherd's Pie Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock cube||1 , crumbled|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Cooked minced beef||12 Ounce, minced (350 Gram)|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and cubed (450 Gram)|
|Water||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Grated cheese||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1214 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.9%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.4 mg
Sodium 3556.6 mg148.2%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.5%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 92 g184.6%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 190.1%
Calcium 46.8% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large shallow dish and add tomato puree, onion, stock cube, and stock.
2) Cover and cook for 10 minutes on power.
3) Coat the mince in the flour and stir in the onion mixture.
4) Season to taste.
5) Cover and cook for 10 minutes more, stir occasionally.
6) Take a dish or polythene bag, place potato and water in it, seal and cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes become tender.
7) Drain and mash potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, and grated cheese.
8) Garnish the mince with the potato and cook further for 5 minutes on power.
9) Brown on a preheated grill and serve immediately.
Remember to pierce the polythene bag to allow the steam to escape.