- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shepards Pie Healthy Recipe Video
|Canola oil/Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lean ground beef||3 Ounce (93%)|
|Frozen onion rings||3⁄10 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Potato||1 , sliced (Microwave cooked)|
|Fat free milk||3⁄10 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fat free cheddar cheese||3⁄10 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.5 mg4.2%
Sodium 91.9 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook the potato in the microwave oven until done.
3. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, breaking into small chunks and cook until brown.
4. Add onion, mixed vegetables and tomatoes. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer this mixture into a small oven proof dish.
5. In a small bowl, mash potato with milk. Cover meat mixture with potato, sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake the dish in the oven at 400 degree F for 10-15 min or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
7. Serve the Shepards Pie with salad and enjoy!