- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shish Barak Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Depends On The Dough You Are Making)|
|Ground meat||1⁄2 Pound (Beef Or Lamb)|
|Onions||1 , diced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, cut|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.7 mg
Sodium 182.6 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Preparation of the dough:
1. Mix flour, oil and salt until it becomes like a cake mix, crumbly
2. Add water gradually, kneaded well until you form dough that has a round shape
3. Leave the dough covered with a half-hour to rest
4. Cut the dough into round equal parts. Roll out your dough with a rolling pin and then cut with a round shape cookie cutter or a small cup.
Preparation of the meat:
5. Fully cook your meat with the onions and spices (salt, black pepper and allspice)
Preparation of the Filling:
6. Fill the round little dough with the meat, about a teaspoon each, fold the sides of the dough on each other then fold again around to form a hat shape of the dough and meat.
7. Set aside on a cookie sheet.
8. Bake in a 250 degree oven just to get it set.
Preparation of the Yogurt:
9. Mix the yogurt with the cornstarch and little cold water.
10. Cook on high heat with constant stirring until it boils.
11. Add some salt to it if needed. If the yogurt is too think, add a little water to it.
12. Add the sheesh barak to the boiling yogurt and let it boil on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
13. Fry your crushed garlic with little oil until golden in color, then add to the yogurt and sheesh barak pot.
14. You may fry fresh cilantro with the garlic if you like.
15. Serve hot with white rice on the side.