- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sheath Cake Recipe
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Equivalent To 2 Eggs)|
|Low sodium baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Confectionery sugar||1 Pound (1 Box)|
|Unsalted pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7356 Calories from Fat 2614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 304 g468.3%
Saturated Fat 44 g220.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.5 mg
Sodium 400.1 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1159 g386.4%
Dietary Fiber 60.3 g241.3%
Sugars 864.9 g
Protein 86 g172.2%
Vitamin A 99.6% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 198.8% Iron 195%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix milk and vinegar together. Set aside to sour.
3. Bring water, margarine, and cocoa to a boil in a saucepan.
4. Mix flour and sugar in a bowl and blend in hot cocoa mixture.
5. Add egg substitute, sour milk, baking powder, and vanilla until well mixed.
6. Bake 50 minutes in a 9 x 13-inch pan lightly greased with margarine.
7. Five minutes before cake is done, melt margarine, milk, cocoa, and vanilla together.
8. Mix in confectioner's sugar and nuts.
9. Spread topping on cake immediately after removing cake from oven.