- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shawn's Shroomy Spaghetti Recipe Video
|Toasted walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Extra virgin olive oil||59 Gram (1/4 cup +1 teaspoon)|
|Mushroom||2 Cup (32 tbs), slice (any variety)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chop|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Whole grain spaghetti||60 Gram (1 handful)|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned (parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme)|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1254 Calories from Fat 942
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.9%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 991.3 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a non-stick pan on medium high heat, pour olive oil, drop mushroom and onion in it. Sauté until onion begins to lose water and becomes soft.
2. Add salt, thyme, and black pepper to it. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Put garlic, stir, and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Pour lemon juice, and olive oil in it. Stir well.
5. Meanwhile, in a pot, boil water and salt. Drop spaghetti, and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente.
6. Using tongs, transfer cooked spaghetti into the mushroom sauce. Mix well.
7. Sprinkle toasted walnuts and fresh herbs in it. Mix.
8. On a serving platter, transfer spaghetti, drizzle olive oil on top.
9. Serve it hot with lemon zest garnish, and fresh cracked black pepper.