- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shawarma Recipe Video
|Boneless chicken||2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Red chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1357 Calories from Fat 756
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.4%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 720 mg
Sodium 3232.3 mg134.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 145 g290.5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 61.2%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 54%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the chicken pieces, pat dry and cut into pieces.
2. Rub the spice mix over the chicken thoroughly with lemon juice and oil.
3. Marinate it for 5-6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
5. Grease a baking dish with oil and bake the chicken for about 20 minutes turning over.
6. Bake for 10-15 more minutes until the chicken is tender.
To make the Garlic spread :
7. Put the garlic and salt in a food processor and process to a smooth paste.
8. Add oil in a thin stream and process unteil oil and garlic form a uniform mixture.
9. Add lemon juice and process once.
10. Take pita bread and put a thin layer of the garlic spread.
11. Put 4 tablespoons of shredded chicken, a few slices of pickle and French fries.
12. Roll and serve.