- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sharp Cheesy Rarebit Recipe
|Sandwich bread slice||4 (Fresh, Any Kind)|
|Natural sharp cheddar cheese||1 Pound, chilled|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.6%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.6 mg
Sodium 1222.5 mg50.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 92.7% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor bowl attach the Knife Blade with Disc above it.
2. Add the cheese and shred finely.
3. Tip into a large mixing bowl or zip lock bag
4. Add the flour, mustard and salt to the cheese and stir or shake to mix well.
5. Heat a skillet, over a medium high flame.
6. Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp.
7. Remove and drain on paper towels.
8. Drizzle the bacon drippings over the bread spices and place them under a broiler to toast, turning them to toast on the otherside.
9. In a 3-quart saucepan add the milk and gently boil over a medium low flame.
10. When the milk reaches scalding point, add the cheese mixture, ½ cup at a time and stirring constantly until all the cheese has been blended into the milk.
11. Cook, stirring, until all the cheese melts and thickens to a smooth sauce.
12. Stir Worcestershire sauce into the thick cheese sauce and take pan off the heat
13. Immediately cut each toasted bread slice into quarters and arrange on individual plates.
14. Ladle the rarebit over the toasts and garnish with bacon slices.
15. Serve immediately.