- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sharon's Garlic Monkfish Recipe
|Mushrooms||20 Large, sliced|
|Green onions||3 , chopped (Along With Their Tops)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.7%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.6 mg
Sodium 265.5 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the monkfish and slice them into serve-size chucnks.
2) In a skillet, melt 1/4 pound butter and saute garlic, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper for about a minute.
3) Pour in 1/2 cup dry white wine and cook till the vegetable become tender. Turn off the flame.
4) In another skillet, melt 1/4 pounds of butter and stry fry the fish until it loses its raw color.
5) Add in Worcestershire sauce to the fish and cook covered till the sauce is reduced to half.
6) Lastly, add in the the cooked vegetables into the fish along with 1/4 cup of wine.
7) Continue cooking till the liquid to reduced to 1/4th its quantity.
8) Garnish Sharon's Garlic Monkfish with finely chopped green onions.