- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sharon Matten's Passover Desserts - Chocolate Matzoh Torte Recipe Video
|For the chocolate matzoh torte|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon|
|Matzoh meal||224 Gram (28 gms each 8 sheets)|
|For the frosting|
|Choco chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 955 Calories from Fat 407
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.8%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 197.7 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 54.2 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFoil baking pan
1. Pour the red wine into the aluminum baking pan and keep aside.
2. In a pan combine sugar, potato starch and salt. Add hot water into the pan and mix well. Cook this on low heat, until the liquid thickens.
3. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips immediately. Keep on stirring so that the chocolate chips melt in the liquid.
4. Finally add the margarine and vanilla to the chocolate mix and again stir thoroughly.
5. Take a matzoh and dip that into the wine, so that it becomes wet on both sides.
6. On a cake sheet, place the first matzoh and on top of that spread the chocolate filling evenly.
7. Top with another wet matzoh and follow this procedure till the last.
8. Prepare the frosting by adding all the ingredients into a saucepan. Cook this over low temperature for the glaze.
9. Spread the frosting on the cake evenly, covering the sides as well, garnish with walnuts. Refrigerate to set the chocolate.
10. Serve after Passover meal.