- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shamrock Sandwiches Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped chives||3 Tablespoon (Parsley /Water Cress)|
|Prepared horseradish||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grains||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Few Grains)|
|White bread slice/Whole wheat bread slices||3|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1599 Calories from Fat 1422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g247%
Saturated Fat 88.8 g444.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 384.3 mg
Sodium 494.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 120.3% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Blend in chopped chives, parsley or water cress, mayonnaise, horse-radish and salt.
3. Add a drop or more of green food coloring for a green-colored spread. Set spread aside to let flavors blend.flat working surface.
4. For Shamrocks—Place white or whole wheat bread slices on a
5. With a shamrock-shape cookie cutter, or a sharp knife and a waxed-paper pattern, carefully cut shamrocks from bread slices. Evenly spread shamrock cut-outs with butter mixture. Garnish each with a sprig of parsley or water cress, chopped chives or a green olive slice.
6. If sandwiches are to be stored in refrigerator until serving time, line a shallow pan with waxed paper, aluminum foil or moisture-vapor-proof paper. Lay sandwiches in pan but do not stack. Cover pan tightly with waxed paper, aluminum foil or moisture-vapor-proof paper, or place in plastic bag.