- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shami Kebab Recipe
|Beef stock cube||1|
|Lean meat||250 Gram, minced (Beef Or Mutton)|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cardamom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.1 mg
Sodium 445 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 25 g50.1%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and clean lentils.
2) Soak lentils for at least 3 hours.
3) In a saucepan put lentils with 2 cups of cold water and the stock cube.
4) Boil the lentils.
5) Add meat and onion, cook on medium low heat stirring in between until lentils are done.
6) Let the mixture dries and continue to stir. Cook the liquid until it is completely absorbed.
7) Invert into a bowl and cool the mixture.
8) Add spices and salt, egg, and mint. Mix thoroughly.
9) Divide and shape into flat round patties.
10) In a skillet heat oil and fry in shallow oil until golden brown.
11) Drain the mixture.
12) Serve hot.