- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shakshouka Recipe Video
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 325.3 mg108.4%
Sodium 307.1 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan on medium, and melt butter. Put garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the onions and cook till it browns.
3. Put the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are fully cooked.
4. Break the eggs directly into the pan one by one carefully.
5. Using the spatula slowly move the egg white to get in between the tomatoes. Do not disturb the yolk.
6. Cover and cook on medium low heat for 3 or 4 minutes or till the eggs are done.
7. In a serving plate, serve it immediately seasoned with salt and pepper and garnished with cilantro.