- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shakshooka Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 291.2 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 62.1% Vitamin C 90.8%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pour in the olive oil to the heated pan.
2. Add in the onions and fry until translucent.
3. Followed by the tomatoes, stir well. Season with salt and black Pepper.
4. Add in the garlic and mix with the tomatoes and onions.
5. Stir in the peppers and mix well with the mixture. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Crack the eggs on top, do not stir or disturb the shape of the eggs, cook on medium heat until the eggs are fully cooked. Keep the pan on medium low heat.
7. Plate the Shakshouka, garnish with parsley. Serve hot with fresh bread.