- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shankarpali / Shakkar Para Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Ghee/Butter - 2 oz / oil - 1/4 cup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sooji||1 Teaspoon (Semolina or Rava)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (As required)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As required for deep frying)|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 35.3 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.2% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. A wide microwave safe dish
2. Pizza cutter
1. Into a microwave safe dish, take the ghee and milk. Stir to combine well. Microwave for just 60 seconds.
2. Add sugar to the warm milk and ghee mixture. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
3. Add the semolina (sooji) and salt. Mix well.
4. Gradually add all purpose flour (small amounts at a time), mix to form a dough of medium consistency (neither too stiff nor too soft).
5. Cover the dough in a thin plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, knead the dough for about a minute to make it slightly soft and easy to handle.
7. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Take each portion, roll into a thick round sheet as demonstrated in the video.
8. Using a pizza cutter cut the uneven edges off and further cut the sheet into squares or any shape desired.
9. Deep fry the cut squares of the dough in oil or ghee until golden brown.
10. Serve Shankarpali on festive occasions.