- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shaking Beef - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Water cress salad|
|Watercress||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Large, cut into 8 slices|
|Onion||1⁄4 Medium, sliced thinly|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pepper||To Taste, ground|
|For fried rice|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), precooked|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||3 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|For the beef|
|Beef boneless steak||1 Pound, cubed|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.9 mg
Sodium 1667.7 mg69.5%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 31 g61.2%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. BEEF: In a bowl, put the beef. Add sesame seed oil, fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic powder and chili pepper. Mix well to coat the beef nicely with all the ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. SALAD: In a small bowl, mix onion, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, hot water and ground pepper. Set aside.
3. Cut the water crest bunch into half and remove any hard stem. Rinse it and put it in a large bowl. Pour the onion dressing into it and mix well to coat the water crest well. Set aside.
4. FRIED RICE: Steam the rice. Set aside.
5. FRIED RICE: In a frying pan, add olive oil. Put the steamed rice and fry it for a few minutes. Add ketchup and oyster sauce and mix well to coat the rice completely. Fry for a few more minutes and transfer into a bowl.
6. BEEF: Heat oil in a frying pan to sizzling hot. Put the marinated beef into it and stir fry till browned on all sides. Remove from the heat.
7. In a serving platter, spread the fried rice at the bottom. Put the beef over it on one side along with the juices. Place the salad around the beef to sizzle and steam a little. Garnish the salad with tomato slices and serve hot.