- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Shahi Tukra Recipe Video
|Crushed cardamom seeds||2 Small|
|For the bread|
|Bread slices||4 (cut in squares)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the sheera|
|Cardamom pods||2 Small|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1715 Calories from Fat 1493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g258.2%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.5 mg
Sodium 255.9 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 31.6 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrying pan
1. Cut the bread slices into squares, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add ground cardamom. Once it sizzles add milk. Keep stirring it until thick.
3. Once it reaches to a boil reduce the heat and continue to cook the milk for 15-20 minutes or until the milk thickens.
4. In another pot, mix water, sugar, saffron and cardamom pods, stir and mix well, bring it to a boil and simmer for some time and turn off the heat.
5. In another pan pour oil Fry the bread slices in oil until golden brown from both sides.
6. Soak the bread in sugar syrup and then place it on a plate, continue until all the bread pieces are nicely soaked.
7. Dip the soaked bread pieces in the milk, once done place it on a serving plate.
8. Add some more milk in the remaining thickened milk and pour it over the bread slices.
9. Garnish it with cream, nuts and silver leaves.
10. Serve the shahi tukra after a hearty meal.